EP08: Evan Duffield - Improving Crypocurrency Through Competition With Dash
We all know that competition makes things better, most importantly in our money. Today's guest Evan Duffield explains why he created Dash to be a compeditor cryptocurrency to bitcoin.
00:12 Evan's background
1:17 Altcoins as experimentation grounds
2:06 Economics of scalability, fungibility, and privacy
3:28 Decentralization using by incentivizing the running of nodes in Dash, contrast to Bitcoin
5:48 How the Dash project is uniquely run using a decentralized viting system to crowd-source development funding
7:40 Analysis with Bitcoin system funding mechanisms
9:00 Future of Dash: Dash Evolution
9:50 Privacy in Dash, why does it matter?
“The reason that we value privacy in the Dash ecosystem so much is because eventually it will be used against the users in the bitcoin ecosystem, and I see that as a threat.”
10:30 – Other things Evan is excited about in the crypto ecosystem: RootStock, Ethereum
11:01 How to get learn about and get involved in Dash: dash.org has 100 pages of information
PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW ON YOUR FAVORITE PLATFORM!
- Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/LibertyEntrepreneurs
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/liberty-entrepreneurs/id1057809945
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/liberty-entrepreneurs
- Stitcher Radio: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/liberty-entrepreneurs-podcast
- TuneIn Radio: http://tunein.com/radio/Liberty-Entrepreneurs-Podcast-p805213/
- Google Play: https://play.google.com/music/listen#/ps/Iqp3bpqbhske6s6476yfy2yyylu
- Player.fm: https://player.fm/series/liberty-entrepreneurs