EP19: Paul Snow - Proving Digital Identities with FACTOM
Paul Snow, CEO and Chief Architect of FACTOM, joins us to chat about how to store digital documents which are verifiable and trustworthy. It uses the bitcoin blockchain to secure and protect the files while having an unalterable date of when it was inserted.
How does FACTOM add functionality to the bitcoin blockchain? How can it be used to prove digital identities?
Paul also talks about the problem with signatures and our current ways to authenticate. Says "digital identities and digital authentication hold the promise of much greater security."
What were the roots of FACTOM? Paul actually wanted to create a database to manage hardware and software, but he found this to be too difficult. Instead, he migrated the code to digital identities via FACTOM for the blockchain.
We end with asking Paul how he, as a mature programmer, felt when experiencing and figuring out Bitcoin back in the day.
PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW ON YOUR FAVORITE PLATFORM!
- Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/LibertyEntrepreneurs
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/liberty-entrepreneurs/id1057809945
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/liberty-entrepreneurs
- Stitcher Radio: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/liberty-entrepreneurs-podcast
- TuneIn Radio: http://tunein.com/radio/Liberty-Entrepreneurs-Podcast-p805213/
- Google Play: https://play.google.com/music/listen#/ps/Iqp3bpqbhske6s6476yfy2yyylu
- Player.fm: https://player.fm/series/liberty-entrepreneurs