EP16: Patrick Byrne - Wall Street's Most Hated Man
Patrick Byrne of Overstock.com is a entrepreneurial rebel. He challenges the status quo and is an internet pioneer. We discuss the early days of Overstock.com as well as his new project tØ "tZERO" which will, eventually, replace the current stock market.
Cryptocurrency exchanges are being shut down and the SEC is cracking down on "illegal ICOs", but there's a solution...it's a regulated, SEC approved exchange. Now, before all my libertarian and anarchists friends start screaming, I'm a huge fan of decentralized exchanges (ie Bitshares) and believe that the government should play no role in the "regulation" of tokens, but unfortunately we still live in a state-operated world and playing within their rules does have it's benefits.
We caught up with Patrick Byrne at the North American Bitcoin Conference in Miami, FL, where he was the keynote speaker. Don't miss Patrick's advice for young entrepreneurs and his favorite reason for being an entrepreneur himself.
PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW ON YOUR FAVORITE PLATFORM!
- Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/LibertyEntrepreneurs
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/liberty-entrepreneurs/id1057809945
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/liberty-entrepreneurs
- Stitcher Radio: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/liberty-entrepreneurs-podcast
- TuneIn Radio: http://tunein.com/radio/Liberty-Entrepreneurs-Podcast-p805213/
- Google Play: https://play.google.com/music/listen#/ps/Iqp3bpqbhske6s6476yfy2yyylu
- Player.fm: https://player.fm/series/liberty-entrepreneurs